Artificial Perception Group
Angela Ribeiro Seijas
- System-environment perception: Fusion of sensory and context information.
- Artificial vision systems.
- Robots with perception-based control.
- Real-time discrimination of natural structures.
- Vision-guided autonomous robot navigation.
- Knowledge and information representation structures.
- Knowledge induction methods.
- Planning and decision-making mechanisms.
- Distributed process architectures: coordination and interaction of agents and generation of behaviour. Multi-robot systems.
The Artificial Perception Group (GPA) specializes in the integration-fusion of information from different types of sensors and in the automatic and intelligent processing of this information in order to make decisions, providing solutions to complex problems of a very varied nature.
The group’s research considers technology transfer. An environmentally friendly approach always underlies its proposals. It is a multidisciplinary group, at the forefront in the design and development of perception-decision-making-action systems, which focuses its research mainly on outdoor mobile robotics and on solutions based on multi-robot systems, integrated by autonomous and cognitive robots