Conversion and Storage of Renewable and Fossil Energy
ITQ: Instituto de Tecnología Química
Antonio Chica Lara
José M. Serra
Catalytic materials for hydrogen production from renewable and nonrenewable sources.
- Reforming natural gas, gasoline, diesel, bioalcohols, glycerin, furfural, etc.
- Gasification: biomass.
- Pyrolysis: biomass, waste plastic, etc.
Catalytic materials for synthetic fuels production.
- Synthetic natural gas from biogas.
- Hydrocarbons from CO2.
- Biodiesel from waste oils and animal fats.
High temperature fuel cell.
- Ceramic membranes (ionic membranes).
Redox flow batteries for renewable energy storage.
- Development of new components: electrodes, membranes and electrolytes.
Zeolite materials for gas separation.
- Patented catalyst for hydrogen production from alcoholic wastes. WO2019048726.
- Patented electrode for vanadium redox flow battery. ES2646938 (B1).
- Direct conversion of methane to aromatics in a catalytic co-ionic membrane reactor.
- Hydrogen separation through tailored dual phase membranes with nominal composition. BaCe0.8Eu0.2O3-δ:Ce0.8Y0.2O2-δ at intermediate temperatures.
- Spin-off. Kerionics